This slow cooker green lentil soup is a super easy meal to make if you’re busy and need to come home to something that’s ready to eat. This dish requires just 10 minutes of prep time, and you can easily run some errands while it cooks! It’s perfect for a night in with some Netflix. Here are some tips if you want to adjust your soup to your tastes:
- If you’re looking for something a little heartier and would like a bit more tang, adding some organic shredded cheese will give you what you need.
- Add a tablespoon of soy sauce instead of salt if you want to add an umami flavor to your soup.
- Whole wheat bread is a perfect side dish for this recipe and really allows the soup to shine as the main course!
- Use green onions or parsley as a garnish to add a little more color and flavor to your soup.
Slow Cooker Green Lentil Soup
- 4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 whole carrot
- 2 celery stalk
- 1 cup green lentils
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 clove minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 bay leaf
- 0.5 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
Add: all ingredients except for the red wine vinegar to the slow cooker.
Cook: for 4 hours on low or 8 hours on high.
Remove: the bay leaf.
Stir: in the red wine vinegar and serve.